When you access or use the Website, your following information is collected by us:
- Certain personally identifiable information ('personal information'); and
- Certain non-personally identifiable information ('non-personal information').
Personal information may include information such as your name, residence, location, pin code, age, gender, work place, telephone/mobile number, email address, sometimes financial information etc. whereas non-personal information may include your IP address, standard log information, the pages you visit, internet browser and cookie information.
HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION COLLECTED?
We collect and retain your personal information by expressly requesting it from you in the prescribed process available on Website or any other prescribed manner. We automatically receive and record your non-personal information on our server logs or other information technology infrastructure, when you access or visit Website.
HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION USED?
Information collected is used:
- to provide you information about various initiatives taken by TIOL;
- to inform you about various new features of the Website;
- for surveys, research and various types of analysis;
- to enable you to manage user accounts, and to provide updates and experience, resolving your queries or concerns;
- to communicate with you including without limitation for sending marketing and promotional communication, collecting feedback etc.;
- to troubleshoot problems; and
- to do other things as described when we collect the information.
HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION SHARED AND DISCLOSED?
- We do not sell or rent your personal information with third parties except to fulfil your inquiries, and provide information you've requested or when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We may share your personal or non-personal information, to the extent required, with our research partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers to enable them to fulfil your inquiries or market their products or services.
- We may use other third parties such as a wallet, credit/debit card processing company (payment gateway) to bill you for availing certain services (in future) on Website. When you sign up for these services, we will share those personally identifiable information as necessary for the third party or payment gateway or wallet companies to provide that service, including your name, residence and email address.
- We provide non-personal information to interested third-parties for the purpose of understanding the usage patterns for certain content, features, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on Website.
- We may disclose your personal information to enforce our policies, respond to claims that a posting or other content violates other's rights, or protects anyone's rights, property or safety.
- We use both your personal information and certain non-personal information to improve the design, quality, appearance and services on Website and to create new features, functionality, promotions, offerings and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing user preferences and trends.
- We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information when required to do so by law or regulation, or in response to a request from a law enforcement or governmental agency or authority or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is hundred percent secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You may reach us if you have any questions about this by sending us an email at email@example.com.
We may provide access to your personal information to our employees, agents, authorised representatives only on a need to know basis to perform their jobs and to serve you better.
MODIFICATIONS, ALTERATIONS OR UPDATION OF YOUR INFORMATION OR DATA
For updating, amending or modifying any personal information, data provided by you on Website, you need to communicate us through the communication mode mentioned on Website or alternatively, you may visit your profile or information page and make the necessary updations, amendments or modifications. We shall not be responsible in any manner whatsoever for updating, amending or modifying any of the information, data provided by you on Website. There may be a charge associated with such requests but these will not exceed the amounts permitted by law. We delete personal information when we no longer need it for the purposes we described earlier. We retain personal information as permitted by law to resolve disputes and enforce our policies.
CONSEQUENCES OF NOT PROVIDING INFORMATION
You may choose not to provide us with your personally identifiable information. However, choosing not to provide certain requested information will prevent you from accessing and taking advantage of the features or services offered by us.
Pursuant to the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) guidelines, you authorizeus or otherwise who are accessing your information by virtue of their association withus to communicate with you through telephone/mobile, Email, SMS or other modes of communication even if your number/numbers(s) is/are registered in the National Do Not Call Registry (NDNC) or www.nccptrai.gov.in.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
GRIEVANCE, CONTACT INFORMATION